Thursday, June 19, 2014

WELCOME TO THE "10-LB" CLUB

The day started off with a blast by scoring a 11lb cichla temensis, which helped me fufil one of my target of getting a "double-digit" fish within this year. It all started when i decided to stop at a certain spot to give topwater a try, especially when when water surface is calm with slight breeze, my favourite condition for topwater fishing. Within a few cast, it proved that my choice was right with a huge take on my Jackall SK-Pop, but did not connect. Since the fish have revealed itself, i continue casting to the area where the lure was attacked and true enough the surface once again exploded on my 3rd cast and this time, the fish was hooked. The fight was the best i ever had, with the fish making multiple long, powerful runs that had my line peeling off. After an exciting battle, the fish finally succumbed to fatigue and I am sure this is the one that will break my personal best record once again. Just when i thought it's all over, my kaki assisting me in landing the fish lost his grip on the boga, and the fish once again made a final dash, with the boga still on it's mouth, but eventually, we got the fish back. Recalling the battle, what a close shave it was! As usual, after a few picture, the fish was released unharmed, hoping we could cross path again in the future.



The set-up:
Rod - Majorcraft Corzza 3-8lb
Reel - Shimano Aldebaran BFS XG
Line - Sufix Castable FC 8lb
Lure - Jackall SK-Pop


Close-up shot of the lure that did the job.


The damage - one broken hook point of the rear hook, good the the others held on strongly.


There's no better way to end this exciting day with a scenic view of the sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment