Sunday, June 29, 2014

1st visit to pay-pond in S'pore

Since Fishing Paradise is closing soon, my friend and I decided to pay our first visit there before it's gone forever. My plan was to bait throughout the day, but I have only got one fish for the whole 4 hours, which is a walking catfish that became my current personal best for the species. Eventually, boredom got over me and decided to try out luring for the remaining 2 hours. Surprisingly, my bite rate increased after changing to lure, registering several hits on my IMA Flit 120 and Jackall TN50, but none managed to stay hooked, until I finally hooked one on the Jackall TN50, only to realised that it was foul-hooked by the tail, giving me a strong fight that even made me thought that a have caught a good-size fish. Recalling the incident, I must be really lucky to land it without much difficulties, considering the low chances of foul-hooking when i'm using singe de-barbed hooks.Nevertheless, t's still a fish caught on lure and also my first rohu. $24 for 2 fish is considered decent for me and I will definitely be back soon for the bigger fishes.

Rod - Rapala Shadow 8-17lb
Reel - Abu Garcia REVO Premier (Gen. 3)
Line - Power pro braided 20lb
Lure - Jackall TN50


Rod - Rapala Shadow 8-17lb
Reel - Abu Garcia REVO Premier (Gen. 3)
Line - Power pro braided 20lb
Bait - Dead goldfish


No comments:

Post a Comment