Monday, January 27, 2014

A trip to be remembered forever

Finally broke my dry-spell of 3 trips by this awesome trip. I didnt have much hope of getting fishes in quality or quantity, however, it proved that it was one of my most satisfying trip because I finally had a sense of relief after getting a nice 2-lber on my trusty D-Lure Explorer. Soon after, everything went quiet till the last hour. Desperate not to let the firt fish be my last for the trip, I started throwing out all sorts of lures to tempt the fishes. Fortunately, I had a strong instinct that topwater is the way to go, so I clipped on a rapala skitter pop and started popping it with pauses in between. This retrieve proved futile and I changed to an aggressive popping to imitate a feeding frenzy. This time, my effort was rewarded with yet another 2-lber to strike from close range. However, it failed to connect and it was not till the dying minutes that a smaller specimen decided to have a go on my popper. Thus, my 1st topwater fish was caught, ending my trip on a high note.

 First fish on topwater, set on rapala skitter pop. Difinitely unforgettable.
 Yet another one that fell victim to my trusty D-Lure Explorer.

No comments:

Post a Comment